Category Archives: Personal Top Tens
I’m dividing my personal top tens in half today and presenting you with a top 5 list. I could give you a half-bum list of the ten things I love about fall but I thought, “Why not give them an absolutely AMAZING list of 5 things instead?!” And so here it is…
1. Clementines are back in season. Yumyum yumyumyum. Sing it with me! Yumyum yumyumyum yumyumyum yumyum yum. Yumyum yumyumyum yumyumyum yumyum yum. I could go on with that song forever because they are so convenient and YUMMY!
2. I can drink tea again! In the summer, when I attempt to drink to I end up hot flashing and seriously regretting it. And hot flashing is something that happens very rarely in my life (also happens when I am scared out of my pants about something) so I know that tea drinking shouldn’t happen in the summer. So yay for fall when the weather is cooler and my body says a big “Thank You” afterwards!
3. Migrating birds. I never have my camera with me when a huge swarm of birds flies overhead but I’ve seen this 5 or 6 times this fall at least. It’s such a beautiful sight!!! There are more birds flying over France right now than I have seen in my lifetime (in Canada)…they are all flying to Spain where it is nice and warm.
4. Fall fashion and the fact I can wear my boots again. I love layering in fall and completely miss how cool my awesome boots look when I can’t wear them in the heat.
5. Leaves!! Need I say more. Okay I will say more. Why are they so beautiful and smell so darn good??
Here in Lille, France I have spotted an interesting phenomena with leaves and cars. The same phenomena happens in Canada but with snow and thus I am completely entertained when I see this along the streets…
The cars are buried in leaves!
What’s your FAVourite part of fall?
Sincerely, Yummy Laura
This top tens idea was sparked when I had a strange craving to watch The Secret Garden the other night. I don’t exactly know where that craving came from because it has been 12 or more years since I saw it last, but boy was it ever one of my favourites! It brought back a nostalgic feeling like you wouldn’t believe. I started remembering the good old days when I would nest in the corn fields, eat leaves from the trees, rub greenery on the white walls of the house and ride my bike around in circles with a stick shouting, “Extra! Extra! Read all about it!”
It got me thinking….
What are some other movies from my childhood that bring back those warm, loving feelings?
And here is the list I compiled:
Have you seen any of them? They are all spectacular! The common running theme between them is that they are all musicals with the exception of Escape To Witch Mountain, which is about an alien brother and sister so rates as high as a musical on my scale! I memorized the soundtracks to ALL of these movies and have seen them all more than 10 times guaranteed. They are sure to bring me back those nostalgic feelings.
Which movies bring you those nostalgic warm fuzzy feelings?
Sincerely, Yummy Laura
With these ingredients, and these ingredients alone, you can make a pancake batter, dough, tomato sauce, and some other things. If you add in some perishible products or some rare gems that you may not always have on hand, then you have unlimited possibilites.
These are the top ten ingredients I always have on hand:
- Pasta (its a staple main course and so quick and easy to prepare)
- Salt (have to have)
- Can of tomatoes (useful in all curries, sauces and soups)
- Eggs (don’t have meat around? Eggs are my go-to protein)
- Milk (have to have. I don’t drink the stuff but it shows up an awful lot in my cooking and baking)
- Sugar (have to have)
- Olive oil (the only oil I use. If I need oil for baking, I just melt butter but again, it’s the only oil I use)
- Garlic (it pumps up any dish, even if you don’t onions around! Oh and fresh garlic bread, can it get any better?)
- Balsamic vinegar (so useful! I use it in every salad!)
- Flour (have to have)
What are your top ten ingredients that you keep on hand at all time? I am seriously curious about this one!
Talk to you soon!
- I appreciate that I am mature enough to see a situation from all perspectives and make wise choices
- I appreciate that I am fulfilling a dream and moving to France
- I am appreciative that I have the support in my life that I do, whether it be from FBF, Maryam, my parents and my entire family and friends
- I am appreciative that we humans can fly
- I am appreciative that I have the financial resources to make this big move
- I am appreciative for all that my aunt has provided me in the last two years that I have been living with her
- I am appreciative that I have this website to nurture my creativity in the way that works best for me
- I am appreciative that I have faith
- I am appreciative that I can put the positive on every situation
- I am appreciative that I am alive
I think that says it!
I love learning French. Have I mentioned this before?
Learning French is a necessity of mine because I am moving there, and it would really suck if I didn’t enjoy learning it. I would still bite the bullet and learn the language anyway, but it still wouldn’t be as great as the experience I am having with this learning business.
There are many topics I thought I wanted to learn about throughout the years. I even went to school for these very topics. They include: Fashion, psychology, natural nutrition, and political science. I thought I would love learning these topics because come on, really…HOW COULD THEY NOT BE INTERESTING? (minus the poli. sci.)
I never had a desire to learn French. I never thought to myself, “I would absolutely love to learn that beautiful language of French.” Nope. It never occurred to me to learn it. That is, until I met a handsome French gentleman and decided to move to France. Ya, then it occurred to me.
And now I love learning French! I didn’t even plan it!
I need to write a personal top ten list about what I love so here goes…
- I love that I knew almost nothing about the topic before I started
- I love that I have an end goal that is extremely useful= fluency
- I love that I can measure my progress by how well I can carry out a conversation, rather than grades
- I love how successful I feel when I speak in French
- I love how beautiful French sounds
- I love how useful the language will be in Canada, not only in France
- I love how FBF always says I am so cute when I speak in French
- I love how interesting it is to learn about something so very different from what I am used to (English)
- I love practicing by simply speaking to myself in French rather than English (WE ALL SPEAK TO OURSELVES…don’t you think you are the exception now)
- I love learning something that makes me feel good
Oh…and I feel kind of sexy when I speak French
I started this post with a top ten bucket list but I could only get to 7 before I ran out of ideas. I like to take life more in a flowwww rather than a plan. Reaching the age of 107 was on that list, so after I wrote that I figured that anything could be possible, why narrow it to ten.
So, instead I present to you my top ten wishes. Like wish upon a star kind of wishes. The things I have always wanted and wished for…
- To one day be able to walk into any store and buy any dress or pair of shoes I want without looking at the price tag
- To be able to purchase plane tickets anywhere in the world, anytime I want
- To make money off of doing what I love (like writing on the topics I love!)
- To live happily ever after with FBF
- To live until I am 107
- To have a beautiful, fully applianced kitchen where I can buy fresh ingredients and cook every single day
- For world peace (no joke, I am seriously tired of the freaking violence going on in the world and I am terrified of guns)
- To be able to speak French fluently, all the time
- To be able to attend and pay for the patisserie program of my choice, or any other educational program of my choice
- To be vibrantly healthy my entire life
I have to say, it was mighty hard coming up with 10 wishes. It was like my brain categorized certain things as impossible and would not let me access my truest desires…