From morning until night, the day was choked full of surprises from Max!
1) Max and I stayed up past midnight on the 15th and at 12:02 we noticed the clock and he wished me the first happy birthday of the day. It was a great moment!! After debating whether or not to watch Happy Feet we decided that sleep sounded more attractive.
2) Max woke up super early and left. I thought he was going to school but when I woke up I noticed his cell phone was left in the room and thought that something suspicious was going on. He arrived a few minutes later with a HUGE breakfast surprise: Pain au Chocolat, croissant, baguette and brioche. All of my fav breakfasts! He made lattes to go along with it!!
3)When I left the bedroom for the first time in the morning to get ready for the day the apartment was covered in balloons!! Amazing!!
4) I was running a morning bath for myself when I went to check on the water. There were candles set up in the bathroom and he pulled down the black-out blinds for me! It was tres relaxing and extra special!
5) At lunch time Max surprised me by making delicious medium-rare steaks! Exactly how I like my steak!
6) Even more…he comes into the bedroom after we finish the steaks with two little French desserts with lit candles that said “23″ and he sang happy birthday to me!
7) He then presented me with a wrapped package from Lush for a little birthday treat! And I love Lush!
8) We both got busy for the rest of the afternoon but when we arrived home around 7pm Max told me to get ready to go out for dinner. During this time I caught up on my birthday emails and messages and all things excited as such!
9) He took me to one of my favourite restaurants in Lille that is themed for travelling. You really feel like you are an explorer when you eat at this restaurant. We planned to go to a bar after but the meals were huge and there was not an ounce of space left in our bellies.
10) At dinner, he presented me with tickets to see a ballet on the 26th of March. The ballet will be performed in Lille with 2 famous dancers. We’ll see Swan Lake, The Nutcracker, and Sleeping Beauty!! I’ve wanted to do this since the day I arrived in France!
11) We came home and I talked to my mom and sister on the phone. Max disappeared for a while in the kitchen and I was a little confused. Little did I know…
HE BAKED ME A CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!!
Can you believe that? I don’t think Max had baked anything before and I felt so special. Even better, the cake was delectable!
12) He lit candles all around the room while we ate the cake!
All in all, one of the best birthdays yet!