Tag Archives: fun ideas and activities to do in the sun
I got a lot of sun that day and the whole weekend mind you, but even though the weather is beautiful I am still seeing way to many pale people out there on the streets. So far all of you who are “too busy” or “too tired” or “too (fill in the blank)”, I have compiled a list of really easy ways that you TOO can enjoy the sun!
I believe that it’s important to soak up every second of this goodness because it doesn’t last forever. My body loves absorbing tons of that good-for-ya vitamin D and I end up having more energy on these days. I can wake up very early, as in 7 am early like today, stay up and active all day and than just crash late at night and have the best sleep!
So if you don’t know what to do, follow these directions.
1. Grab your bike, a backpack, a towel, a water bottle and a book. If you are hungry, also grab a snack. Go ride that bike and find some grass somewhere. I guarantee you that there is grass somewhere near where you are. This idea takes no effort and barely any time. Just stay out for an hour if you like…I am sure you would use that hour doing something unproductive at home anyways, like watching television or surfing the web or even reading indoors…take it outdoors people!
2. Have a backyard barbeque. Again, this takes almost no effort. You would usually make and have dinner outside so just move your food and your body in that backyard or balcony and soak up all that energy.
3. Find an outdoor pool. Such a fun thing you can do on a sunny day and pools are relatively easy to find. Maybe it’s at a friend’s house but maybe it’s just a public pool, they are both good. Not everyone has access to the beach, myself included, but don’t let that deter you from putting on that bikini.
4. Go for a run. It’s bathing suit season, there are no excuses!
5. Go garage sale-ing on the weekends. If the weather is nice than there are most likely 4 or 5 garage sales on the weekend where you live. Go find them and check them out. Maybe you will find that perfect decorative plate you’ve always wanted. One time I found an entire box of authentic sewing patterns from the 60’s (the woman was very old). I paid $10 and received 40 patterns and ended up making some very well tailored vintage dresses with any fabric I wanted.
6. If you have wifi that reaches your backyard or balcony, go out there to do anything you would normally do on the internet.
7. Meet up with friends, sit outside for lunch at a restaurant.
8. If you have to work there just may be a possibility of doing some of it outside. I teach children (or at least I did in Lille). On sunny days our lessons would be done outside. If you meet up with a client then follow step 7…or go for a game of golf!
9. Board games belong outside. So do decks of cards.
10. Buy a bottle of wine and sit somewhere with someone (or a book) and drink it. By far the best suggestion on this list.
My point is, DON’T WASTE THESE PRECIOUS DAYS!
Stay tuned for next weeks post on Natural Sun Care For Skin!! If you enjoy the sun it’s important to do it mindfully and I”ll show you some holistic approaches to sun care so you can rid yourself of those chemicals this summer!
And before you leave this page, please tell me, What is your favourite and easy thing to do to enjoy the sun?